- Java and Oracle SQL developer
Application closing date: Tuesday, 28 June 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Monday, 25 July 2022
Location of work: ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, VIC
Length of contract: 6 months
Contract extensions: Not applicable
Security clearance: Other - All personnel engaged to work at ASIC premises, must be an Australian Citizen and will be required to complete ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment (ASB). This is unique to ASIC for the purposes of working in a regulatory organisation and is not to be confused with a Government security clearance.
Rates: $90 - $120 per hour (inc. super)
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, mobility and cloud.
As an Application Support Specialist, you will be required to:
- Help the project by building SQL scripts which will enable data migration from ASIC environment.
- analyse, design, develop, test and implement interface changes according to ASIC’s system delivery methodology (SDM), using Java technology
- undertake business and technical support, code analysis, scripting and Java development (mostly code modification and troubleshooting)
As a valued member of the team, you will also:
- undertake additional responsibilities or tasks as required
- work professionally, positively and cooperatively as part of ASIC, and model the values of Accountability, Professionalism and Teamwork
- undertake reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others in the workplace that may be affected by your actions.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in IT.
- Demonstrated working experience in mid-size to large size organization.
- Demonstrated experience in resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong Expertise in writing complicated SQL queries.
- Java and Java Scripting development experience- Mid range (about 60-70% of the work would be Development).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for outcomes.
- Ability to self-learn and develop own skills.
- Analytical Skills - Demonstrate ability to think critically when extracting and interpreting information; mine and analyse data to connect patterns and identify trends and risks; think laterally about issues.
- Stakeholder engagement and communication - Build, maintain and utilise networks and relationships within ASIC