- Senior Software Developer
Application closing date: Tuesday, 21 June 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Tuesday, 02 August 2022
Location of work: ACT, Offsite
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: Not applicable
Security clearance: Must have Negative Vetting Level 1
Rates: $00 - $00 per hour (inc. super)
As a part of the CESAR package, ACSC is seeking a Senior Developer to provide software engineering input and provide key architectural and code input to the enhancement initiatives within the CESAR package. The position requires a fundamental understanding of internet services, networking, and modern software development best practices. You will be leading a growing agile team delivering to internal and external users with a high degree of autonomy, support and guidance from CESAR Project Managers, applying your knowledge of modern software development practices. The person will possess broad knowledge in: • Programming Languages • Cloud IaaS services, • Linux Containers, • Networking, • System architecture, • Linux and Cloud security best practice. The person will possess skills in: • Using and implementing modern developer productivity workflows and tools, • Python development, • .NET Core 3.1 (C#); • Secure Coding Practices • Unit Test and Mocking Frameworks • Linux Development and Deployment (Ubuntu, AWS Linux 2) • GIT source control • AWS DevOps Tools for Automated Build and Deploy • Lucene Indexing • AWS (IAAS) Design/Administration (EC2) • AWS PrivateLink • Ansible Scripting • x.509 Certificate Management • NGINX • Shell scripting, Eg. bash, • Deploying code using Linux containers, • Developing a system using database or messaging products (such as PostgreSQL or RabbitMQ) Recruiters please note: Candidates who do not address the essential criteria are likely to be found unsuitable. Note: An Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) is a mandatory requirement for contracted staff working in ASD beyond 12 months. Before submitting an application for this position, the applicant must have considered their preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record. OSAs are conducted to determine suitability to work in a high security environment.
- Using and implementing modern developer productivity workflows and tools, engineering practices
- Experience in leading a software development team If this would be your first experience, explain how you should be considered ready for this responsibility and any additional support that would help you succeed.
- Breadth of software development experience
- Experience with cloud IaaS environments
- High attention to detail with solid documentation skills and good communication skills with various stakeholders
- Experience with CI/CD solutions.
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks with competing priorities.
- Ability to work with agility, and adapt to change, providing and receiving feedback