- Test Analysts
Application closing date: Tuesday, 05 July 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Tuesday, 09 August 2022
Location of work: ACT
Length of contract: 12 Months
Contract extensions: Not applicable
Security clearance: Must have Negative Vetting Level 1
Rates: $80 - $110 per hour (inc. super)
Are you interested in the world of cyber and have a passion for developing enterprise wide solutions? • This is a unique opportunity to contribute to building Australia’s cyber awareness and resilience. The ACSC requires a Test Analyst to work in its dynamic technical team to deliver ICT software, infrastructure and services to host cyber security capabilities in support of its cyber security mission. The successful applicant will demonstrate an understanding of the ICT software & systems development cycle and infrastructure testing with an emphasis on test planning, test analysis, test execution and outcome reporting. The person will have broad experience in testing complex integrated solutions comprising bespoke components with numerous system interfaces, including testing security use-cases. They will be comfortable operating as a hands-on Test Analyst within a SAFe context using the Atlassian stack for test design, execution and reporting. The successful applicant must be a motivated self-starter with strong technical abilities and initiative. They will operate as a peer in a high performing technical team, and require strong organisational skills and attention to detail, and be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment. The Test Analyst’s major responsibilities include: o Conduct software development and infrastructure integration testing where CI/CD technologies are employed. o Conducting test analysis, test design, test execution and test reporting activities. o Provide input and support to the Test Manager (e.g. to Test strategy/planning). o Analyse and report on test activities and outcomes and raise, prioritise and manage defects. o Identify test process improvements, and contribute to testing standards and definition of best practice. o Communicate and report testing related risks and issues to the Test Manager, SCRUM Master and Product Owner. o Take responsibility for the integrity of testing. o Work under broad direction as a motivated, self-starter. Key knowledge or experience required include: o Broad experience in testing complex integrated solutions comprising bespoke components with numerous system interfaces, including testing security use-cases and testing system infrastructure (e.g. network components, gateways, firewalls etc.) o Experience operating as a hands-on Test analyst within an agile scrum context using Atlassian stack test design, execution and reporting.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the fundamental test process; i.e. analysis, design, execution, reporting and assisting the test lead with monitoring and reporting.
- Experience in the verification of ICT infrastructure (physical and virtual), CI/CD developed solutions and client and server software.
- Experience in maintaining the integrity of testing and coordinating the execution of these activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of security testing and fundamental system security principles.
- Experience in conducting test activities within a SAFe Agile methodology.
- Experience in verifying non-functional requirements (Load, Performance, Reliability, Compliance).
- Experience using Jira and Confluence for test artefact design and management.