- Procurement Specialist
Application closing date: Monday, 15 August 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Monday, 26 September 2022
Location of work: ACT
Length of contract: 12 months subject to being found suitable in the mandatory OSA
Contract extensions: 1x 12 months
Security clearance: Must have Negative Vetting Level 1
Rates: $85 - $105 per hour (inc. super)
The roles are to provide procurement services in the areas of labour hire and the procurement of ICT hardware and software products. The role works to support our project and program teams with building capability across the organisation and the results are genuinely tangible. The ideal candidate will coordinate and undertake the full scope of procurement activities from beginning to end including planning documentation, RFQ, engagement with business and contract management activities.
Procurement Specialist Role (APS6 or above, equivalent):
You will be responsible for performing a range of procurement functions including independently undertaking simple and complex procurement, managing approaches to market to obtain quotes and tenders, and assisting the department to meet its statutory obligations by collating and preparing various documentation. You will also be responsible for providing timely advice, reporting and resolution on more complex issues and providing support to the team. The role requires a thorough understanding of Commonwealth Procurement Rules including current procurement policies and procedures.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience including:
• experience in procurement or contract management functions in a government department is essential
• track record of assisting team members in delivering business goals and quality customer service, is desirable
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills including track record of developing and maintaining productive working relationships with senior managers, vendors and other stakeholders.
• strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• experience in procuring Labour Hire and/or ICT goods or services, including Hardware and Software with the ability to translate technical requirements into procurement or commercial documentation would be highly regarded.
There is an expectation that successful candidates will work 5 days per week (estimated 40 hour week). On boarding is in Canberra, noting there may be a requirement for short term occasional travel within Australia.
Note: An Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) is a mandatory requirement for contracted staff working in ASD beyond 12 months. Before applying for this position, you must have considered your preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record. OSA’s are conducted to determine suitability to work in a high security environment. All employees must obtain and maintain the required security clearance to work in ASD. If you are currently employed in the Australian Intelligence Community or the ADF, you will be provided with feedback on your OSA if the outcome has an adverse bearing on your current employment. No feedback will be provided on the outcome of the psychological assessment process to any other applicant.
- Certificate IV qualification in Procurement is essential and a strong understanding of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs).
- Experience in Commonwealth of Australia procurement and tendering processes of varying complexity, including but not limited to understanding of tender preparation, evaluation, contract formation, negotiation and selection.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with a diverse range of stakeholders including ICT professionals and vendors and the ability to work independently and prioritise work accordingly.
- Efficient use of MS Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Document Management Systems such as Objective.