- Design and Visual Communication Lead
Application closing date: Sunday, 22 May 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Fri Jul 01 2022
Location of work: New South Wales
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: 2 x 6 months
Security clearance: Ability to obtain baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $110 - $140 per hour (inc. super)
The DTA’s Investment Advice, Contestability and Assurance Division requires the expertise of a Design and Visual Communication Lead to oversee and drive the creation of reports (including reports with a heavy data visualisation focus), presentations and other communications products across a wide variety of stakeholder groups. The Design and Visual Communication Lead works with highly skilled multidisciplinary teams to design, prototype and build outstanding communication products which enable us to best engage our stakeholders in support of the DTA’s mission. This includes communication products oriented around the Digital and ICT Oversight Framework which encompasses the Digital Capability Standards (DCS) and the Assurance Framework.
As the Design and Visual Communication Lead, in addition to leading design production and alignment of Divisional communication products to the broader DTA brand, you will have primary responsibility for liaising with the senior executive team to prioritise design effort across the Division’s work program. You will also engage across teams to build competencies in good design and communication principles across all products, including through creating libraries of good examples and communicating minimum expectations and content guidelines to best support your design production work.
- Minimum five years experience in a design role providing services to private or public sector clients. Please provide your portfolio, which should highlight the best of your previous work and outcomes that demonstrate that you are the best candidate to achieve all that is required from this role.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud prioritising InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. NOTE: This will be assessed based on your written response as well as an interview (should the panel elect to conduct interviews as part of its evaluation).
- The ability to proactively contribute, add value, innovate and shape thinking across a range of creative projects.