- Business Analyst
Estimated start date: Fri Jul 01 2022
Location of work: All States
Length of contract: ASAP to 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: Up to 1x 12-month extensions
Security clearance: Ability to obtain baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $80 - $110 per hour (inc. super)
We are looking for an experienced, curious business analyst with detailed data and analytics experience to work in the new Data and Analytics Office (DAO).
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver data and analytics projects using Agile approaches
- Working with business to understand data requirements and issues
- Working with ICT and business systems teams to identify data and make data available for analysis
- Delivering robust, user-focused data insights using Power BI, and other BI tools
You will join the Analytics Growth section and engage with business experts to deliver data and analytics solutions that improve decision making across the department’s diverse and interesting portfolio, which includes environment, resource management, biosecurity, trade, and other interesting fields.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to:
- Team culture – contributing to a collaborative, agile, curious analytic team
- Establishing productivity systems and processes – providing input into processes and systems (e.g. DevOps and Git) to manage work and share code
- Innovative approaches – advocate for, and pioneer, novel approaches to delivering user-focused insights.
- Analytic approaches and practice – contribute experience and preferences to effective ways of delivering analytic projects.
- Active engagement with the business to understand data requirements and issues.
- Assistance drafting business requirements and scoping material to suit business needs.
- Assist with data analysis and investigation.
- Work with ICT and Business Systems teams to confirm requirements, remediate issues and communicate with the business.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (in business analysis, computer science, science) or comparable industry experience.
- Azure DevOps for managing work activities
- Power BI experience