- Program Advisor (EL2)
Application closing date: Friday, 22 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Mon May 09 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 12 Months
Contract extensions: 2 x12 Months
Security clearance: Ability to obtain baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $00 - $00 per hour (inc. super)
The VET Information Branch is leading the development of a new Vocational Education and Training (VET) data collection and reporting arrangements, which will transform the national VET Data infrastructure. The VET Data Streamlining (VDS) program is an exciting opportunity to help shape a major piece of national data infrastructure. VDS is a significant, complex, multi jurisdiction project that will modernise the way training activity data is collected across the VET sector. Through the application of modern digital technology, VDS will increase the availability, timeliness, and relevance of VET data for all users. The Australian Government is working with state and territory governments and the NCVER to implement the VDS program over three years.
The Branch has responsibility for VET Data Policy, USI Policy and Governance, VET data design, ICT System Development, and Program and Change management teams.
The role will support the implementation of VET Data Streamlining (VDS) program. This role will provide exposure to a range of work across the program including program management, change management, corporate governance, procurement, contract management and financial reporting. This is an opportunity for an experienced person with strong leadership and program skills to contribute to a national transformation in a cross-jurisdictional, multidisciplinary team.
Working as part of the Program Management Office (PMO) the team is seeking a program advisor to assist with program strategy, assurance, risk, financial management and a range of other functions.
Key responsibilities including but not limited:
• Contribute to the VDS leadership team
• Actively drive the VDS program through the provision of strategic advice to the Senior Executive
• Liaise with project leads and stakeholders to apply expertise and perform analysis on complex issues and recommend viable solutions to resolve issues.
• Monitor and/or perform assurance activities, including agreeing priorities, manage workflows and resources, prepare plans detailing measurable milestones and expected outcomes.
• Monitor financial performance and maintenance of project accounting models to meet reporting obligations and provide timely advice to inform program decision making.
• Monitor and evaluate the program’s risk profile and effectiveness of mitigations and controls
• Apply financial, risk, program and compliance expertise and exercise sound judgement to draft and review briefs, reports and other correspondence.
Essential Criteria Response
- Refer to key responsibilities and update your CV to reflect for the application.