- Data Modeller
Application closing date: Monday, 6 June 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Wed Jun 01 2022
Location of work: All States
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: Option for up to 12 month extension
Security clearance: Ability to obtain baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $90 - $110 per hour (inc. super)
The Deliverables for the Data Modeller include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and enhance data models with adherence to ACDW data architecture principles and data modelling templates, methods and standards.
• Assist Business analysts in understanding and identifying the business needs of data.
• Develop the conceptual and logical data models supporting the requirements. Update the conceptual and logical models in the appropriate folder within the ER Studio Repository.
• Query and interpret data using efficient and effective SQL and provide sound advice on complex data/information related matters to deliver quality solutions
• Work with Data Analysts in identifying the data structures and relationships that exist in the available sources of data including data flows, lineage and definitions.
• Work with the Solutions Designer and Data Analysts to identify gaps in the data, structures and relationships of new data required/acquired, processes to be developed around the data including derivation of values, data cleansing and conversion where applicable.
• Translate the logical model into the physical model, considering data availability, constraints and processes around the data.
• Update the physical model in ER Studio.
• Design the physical tables, noting primary keys and data types.
• Provide advice to data modelling stream lead for continuous improvement, considering industry best practices.
• Be intimately familiar with data modelling methods used within the Aged Care Data Warehouse, such as:
o E/R Diagrams
o Dimensional modelling
o Data Vault modelling
o Normalised (3NF) modelling
• Work with the development and BAU teams to implement the new and/or amended solution.
• Review and provide feedback to business analysts for reporting requirements, review and provide feedback for solution architecture design.
• Provide peer review feedback for data analysts project deliverables.
• Responsible for the following artefact: Data Models, Release document, DDL SQL scripts.
• Work with management to provide effort estimates, prioritize business and information needs.
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum 5 years of data modelling experience.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in structured analysis and design.
• Knowledge of business intelligence solutions and data warehouse development
• Negotiation and influencing skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong knowledge on system development life cycle
• Strong analysis skills and attention to detail
• Understanding of data modelling principles for data warehouses
• Strong delivery focus to complete tasks within schedule and quality standards
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive experience as a BI Data Modeller, specialising in dimensional data modelling (Kimball methodology)
• Strong understanding of traditional/modern BI/DW, ETL and metadata concepts
• Demonstrated experience in using data modelling and metadata management tools such as ER Studio, Sparx EA, Erwin, or similar
• Define and govern data modelling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models
• Experience in data analysis, data profiling, data mapping documentation, design and querying languages including SQL or similar
• Work proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues/challenges to reduce project delivery risks
• Strong understanding of MDM (Master Data Management)
• Experience with the following:
o Data modelling - dimensional and ERD, and awareness of data vault
o Various database platforms (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server )
o XML schema design, ER Studio or similar
o Data management principles such as Metadata management, Data governance and Data quality
• Strong liaison and interpersonal skills including the ability to:
• Engage with requesting business areas and other project stakeholders
• Discuss technical matters with both technical and non-technical staff
• Negotiate outcomes between business and technical areas
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team undertaking multiple projects and maintenance activities with potentially competing priorities
• Bachelor's degree in IT; or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 3- 5 years’ experience of database design and development
Please provide an up to date CV which clearly demonstrates the required skills and experience. A cover letter, or summary statement (max. half page), against listed skills and experience are welcomed.