- Scrum Master
Application closing date: Friday, 29 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Fri Jul 01 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: 2 x 12 months
Security clearance: Must have current baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $100 - $120 per hour (inc. super)
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources requires an experienced Scrum Master to support project teams across the CIO Group, the department’s digital product delivery and service delivery arm of the department.
The Scrum Master will work closely with Product Owners, Project Managers, multidisciplinary development teams and various CIO Group Executives to contribute to the successful delivery of projects within the CIO Group.
The Scrum Master will be embedded into either one project team or various project teams according to the needs and capacity of the CIO Group priorities over time, and this role will be required to co-locate when appropriate. The project teams vary in size and agile expertise so this role will be expected to provide continued education on agile frameworks and effective processes to contribute to growing the agile maturity across the CIO Group, and efficiencies in project delivery operations.
• Influence and guide agile delivery teams.
• Coordinate and facilitate scrum events and keep the events varied, with purpose and adapted to the project and team needs.
• Actively look for and manage impediments in a positive way, so the velocity of the team is unimpeded.
• Report on the performance of the team’s agile operations.
• Understand and use agile principles and practices and scrum methods to build a cohesive dynamic team that achieves end-user value iteratively.
• Reflect a ‘can do’ mindset by reflecting the values of agile.
• Be responsible for the health of the team by understanding preferred work practices of team members and leading people to effective, efficient, and better ways of working.
• Communicate with influence. Bring people along on the journey.
• Be a supportive and optimistic advocate of the human centred design approach to digital product delivery with a base understanding of the whole of government Digital Service Standards.
• Be adaptable and flexible, where needed to step outside the scrum master role to assist the team, the Product Owner or the CIO Group Executives.
Please note: Remote working arrangements may be considered on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the supervising manager, subject to business needs.
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior Scrum Master in providing direction and leading multi-disciplinary ICT delivery teams, in agile environment, with an understanding of the challenges of implementing agile in a government context.
- An influential communicator, facilitator, and collaborator with a proven ability to ensure inclusivity and diversity is involved in breaking down barriers and instilling change for effective operations of an agile delivery team.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure, agile environment.
- Current agile and scrum certifications (e.g., scrum master and product ownership).
- Experience in using MS Teams and Microsoft Dev Ops to create PBIs, monitor, organize, report on and track work.
- Cultural fit: • Ability to pragmatically change direction and scope as new information is discovered and challenges or opportunities present themselves • Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams • Ability to work with technical and non-technical staff at all levels
- Cultural fit: • Work collaboratively as a team within the organisation to deliver quality outcomes • Communicate honestly, clearly, proactively and consistently • Be an optimistic, inclusive and positive team collaborator.