- Senior Business Analyst
Application closing date: Monday, 15 August 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Monday, 05 September 2022
Location of work: WA (Remote/Work from home conditions)
Length of contract: To 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: Possible extensions
Security clearance: Must be able to obtain Baseline
Rates: $100 - $130 per hour (inc. super)
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment are looking for an experienced and proactive senior business analyst to work in the new Data and Analytics Office (DAO) with the Future Traceability Hub.
The Future Traceability Hub is responsible for working with industry to improve traceability of agricultural goods. They are seeking assistance from a senior business analyst who can contribute to analysis of organic red meat export systems and operational processes, and data standards design to support traceability initiatives and improve data sharing.
- Mapping at a high-level data that is generated across the agricultural supply chain as part of the production and export processes for red meat.
- Working in a small multi-disciplinary team and independently to draft high level artifacts including process maps and diagrams articulating current and future states for business processes.
- Working with industry representatives and departmental staff to understand current state business processes and issues related to traceability data.
- Contributing to the development of traceability data standards.
You will join the Analytics Growth section in the Data and Analytics Office to engage with business experts across the department, like the Future Traceability Hub, to deliver data and analytics solutions that improve decision making across the department’s diverse and interesting portfolio, which includes agriculture, biosecurity, trade, and other interesting fields.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to:
- Team culture – contributing to a collaborative, agile, curious analytic team
- Innovative approaches – advocate for, and pioneer, novel approaches to delivering user-focused insights.
- Analytic approaches and practice – contribute experience and preferences to effective ways of delivering analytic projects.
This position may involve some limited travel.
- Gathering, documenting and validating business processes and data flows.
- Identifying issues, risks and benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outlining business impacts.
- Active engagement and consultation with the business areas to understand data requirements and issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (in business analysis, computer science, science) or comparable industry experience.
- The ability to understand and think critically about problems and find practical solutions
- Experience working in the Australian Export or Agriculture industry
- Using Azure DevOps for managing work activities
- Power BI experience
- Previous experience developing data standards