- Content Writer
Application closing date: Thursday, 16 June 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Friday, 01 July 2022
Location of work: ACT
Length of contract: 1 July 2022 – 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: 12 months
Security clearance: Must be able to obtain Baseline
Rates: $50 - $70 per hour (inc. super)
The Digital Experience and Services Branch of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment develops, maintains and supports a range of employment IT systems. The branch works in an agile framework and is responsible for the delivery and implementation of a range of IT solutions to support Australian Government services and programs. The content writer will produce content that is consistent, accessible, and easy to understand for the end user. They must understand the Digital Service Standard and the DTA’s Content Guide.
This role will be developing content for a range of audiences including employment services providers, employers and job seekers. Key duties include:
- Writing plain-English content for digital platforms
- Helping departmental business areas improve content by providing advice on readability, accessibility and writing in plain English
- Liaising between IT teams and policy teams to produce content that is fit-for-purpose
- Attending planning meetings (stands-ups and showcases)
- Working well within the branch to deliver key goals and meet long-term strategy objectives
- Other administrative and writing tasks as directed
- Demonstrate your experience writing plain-English content for large scale digital platforms.
- Ability to develop content that responds to identified user needs
- Ability to communicate effectively and work productively with SMEs and other internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in a Human Centred Design environment and agile ways of working, as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MDT).