- Platform Architect
Application closing date: Sunday, 22 May 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Mon Jul 04 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: 2 x 6 months
Security clearance: Ability to obtain negative vetting level 1 clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $120 - $150 per hour (inc. super)
Digital Identity provides people and businesses with a single, secure way to access government and other services online. A secure Digital Identity replaces the need for multiple logins across a range of government services, making getting things done with government easier and faster.
The Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) is responsible for leading the delivery, strategy, and policy for the Australian Government’s Digital Identity program. The program is a key enabler of the government’s Digital Transformation Agenda.
Once completed, the program will enable people to simply and securely establish a digital identity and safely reuse that identity to transact across all tiers of government and with the private sector, with their privacy assured.
The DTA seeks an experienced Platform Architect, that will be responsible for:
- driving architectural decisions for interagency approval
- technical communication, including in the engagement of organisational customers
- technical assessment of designs and potential program decisions
- negotiating with stakeholders to achieve mutually agreed outcomes in line with program objectives
- drafting technical aspects of identity policy including integration standards
- research and implementation of technical proofs of concepts or reference implementations
- working with other teams and/or organisations, assisting with the implementation of decisions
- Demonstrated experience in the development of platform architecture and design decisions, based on the needs of customers, delivery partners, and formal governance processes
- Effective communication skills, including in person and in writing, and including a technical audience and a non-technical audience.
- Experience in the engagement of stakeholders, including delivery partners and institutional customers, to understand and represent their needs, and communicate the value of products and/or technologies
- Demonstrated experience in whole-of-government ICT delivery.
- Specific expertise relating to identity, authentication, multi-service portals, web development, APIs, OpenID Connect, Verifiable Credentials, architecture standards, cyber security, reliability, software lifecycles and/or complex domains.