- Full Stack Developer
Application closing date: Thursday, 11 August 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Monday, 29 August 2022
Location of work: ACT
Length of contract: 10 months or up until to 30 June 2023 with the possibility of up to
Contract extensions: 2 x 12 month extensions
Security clearance: Must have Baseline
Rates: $100 - $130 per hour (inc. super)
Under the recently established digital trade initiative division, the department is developing and delivering the Biosecurity Integrated Information System to support critical biosecurity functions and modernise Agricultural trade.
We are looking for a full stack developer that can work across multiple technology stacks to deliver outcomes that support the risk management of imported goods into Australia. Your role will include developing user interface components and implementing with well-known patterns and libraries such as Material-UI. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure and contribute on the backend business logics. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Substantial experience in .Net and or .Net Core e.g., Restful API Development.
• Experience with Visual Studio and VS Code.
• Familiarity with CI/CD and version control systems e.g., Microsoft Azure DevOps, and GIT.
• Experience in the use and development of RDMS solutions e.g., Microsoft SQL Server
• Be proficient in unit test development and unit testing practices.
• Experience in modern Single Page App development; preferably with React 16.8+.
• Experience with Material-UI and design systems generally.
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Experience working in an agile team with agile practices e.g. SCRUM.
• Strong collaborative attributes with a proactive approach to sharing knowledge amongst peers.
- Working knowledge with relational database tools like SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps build/release pipelines and tools
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use communication and negotiation skills to manage relationships in a challenging IT environment, including the ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a flair for creating innovative solutions. Experience working in an Agile software development environment and experience using Agile development toolset. Strong collaborative attitude with proactive approach to sharing knowledge amongst peers.
- Understanding the business context of the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry