- Program Implementation Specialist
Application closing date: Sunday, 22 May 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Tue Jun 14 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: ASAP to 30 June 2024
Contract extensions: Possible extension options of up to 24 months
Security clearance: Ability to obtain baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $110 - $125 per hour (inc. super)
The AEC is seeking to engage a suitably qualified candidate in a Program Implementation Specialist role, to support the Modernisation Program Delivery Team.
The Program Implementation Specialist works within the Indigo Delivery Management team and is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the high-level delivery management schedule.
The role will report directly into the Program Delivery Manager and will work collaboratively with the Branch leadership team. The role will also provide delivery co-ordination activities to the Assistant Commissioner of the Branch. Contributing to planning and scheduling, risk and issue resolution and escalation and from time-to-time undertakes research and analysis activities.
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is complex in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise within the area of delivery / program management.
Reporting to the Program Delivery Manager, and directly supporting the Assistance Commissioner, the Program Implementation Specialist will:
• Work with the Indigo Delivery Management Team to maintain, monitor, and provide analysis and reporting on the integrated master program schedule
• Provide support in the oversight of schedules, plans, task coordination, and timeline/critical path monitoring. This may include scheduling of Program governance activities in consultation with the Indigo Program Office, and interface/dependencies between activities across the Program, in particular those that may impact or influence program outputs or milestones.
• Proactively manage workflow through the office of the Assistant Commissioner, including providing analysis, advice on context and coordinating any necessary follow up to ensure priorities and deadlines are met.
• Point of contact for the office of the Assistant Commissioner, within the context of delivery management and to develop appropriate responses to a range of routine, sensitive or urgent agency matters with ease
• In consultation with Project and Program Managers, identify and track dependencies, scoping and project interfaces across the Program, assisting with project delivery in accordance with approved plans and schedules
• Develop and standardise mechanisms for monitoring and reporting project progress against identified deliverables and agreed timeframes
• Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Willingness to work and be managed within a Portfolio construct
• Strong experience with various project methodologies and tools
• A minimum of three years' experience within a project scheduler role or similar
• Proven ability to engage and influence a complex set of stakeholders
• Exposure to large programs / portfolios in delivering high quality work
• Ability to evaluate project progress and facilitate interventions and
• Ability to keep stakeholders informed of project timelines and changes.
• Proficiency in project scheduling software, such as MS Project, DevOps, JIRA or similar software
• Relevant qualifications in project management, business, public administration or similar.
Please include an up to date CV and a one (1) page capability statement, concisely addressing the Qualifications, Skills and Experience above and demonstrating your ability to fulfil the requirements (capability statement exceeding one (1) page may not be considered).