- Project Manager
Application closing date: Thursday, 21 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Tue May 10 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: ASAP to 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: Possible extension options of a total of 24 months
Security clearance: Must have current baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $120 - $150 per hour (inc. super)
The AEC is seeking to engage a suitable candidate to fill a Project Manager role to support the Digital Technology Section.
Purpose of the role
The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) is looking to engage an enthusiastic Project Manager to join a skilled Multi-disciplinary team the Modern Workplace Program delivery team.
The Project Manager’s role is to actively develop and manage an Agile Scrum and Sprint delivery process. This will be achieved through working with the program team, technical and business stakeholders. The successful Project Manager will secure an initial 12-month contract with up to two 12-month extensions.
The Digital Technology Branch delivers a range of ICT services to the agency including infrastructure, application development and digital communications. ICT services are delivered through a select sourcing model, with a mixture of in-house and outsourced resources.
The successful Project Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to;
• Project governance and reporting as required by the Program Board, operating under the Agile framework;
• Work with the project’s Program Manager and technical lead to define and manage the delivery of work packages utilising Scrum and Azure DevOps;
• Identify and manage project risks and issues;
• Lead workshops with internal stakeholders and actively deliver and review analysis artefacts (Azure DevOps Epics, Features and User Stories);
• Implement effective change control;
• Coordinate AEC staff to meet the project timeframes;
• Support contract managers in establishing the new services arrangement;
• Liaise with business and technical areas to facilitate the timely resolution of issues as they arise;
• Produce technical and non-technical documentation as required;
• Manage project resources effectively to deliver the required outcomes
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• Demonstrated experience in an Agile Project Manager role, including advanced knowledge of software development lifecycles of ICT Projects within a Federal government context.
• Formal training in Project Management or Agile Scrum methodology, and experience working in an Agile project management practices preferred.
• Ability to work in a team environment delivering a high level of customer service, with the ability to build strong working relationships and trust with clients, stakeholders and senior management
• Demonstrated high level of communication skills with effective active listening and written communication skills.
• Knowledge or experience working with Microsoft DevOps is highly desirable.
Please note the following regarding Flexible Working arrangements -
It is the AEC's preference for the successful candidate to work from our National Office (Northbourne Avenue, Canberra, City).
- In 500 words or less please summarise your skills and experiences reflecting that of the Qualifications, skills and experience above. Applicants who do not provide this will not be submitted.