- Data Warehouse/Report Developer
Application closing date: Sunday, 22 May 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Mon Jun 06 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 01 July 2022 to 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: Up to 12-months extension option
Security clearance: Must have current baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $90 - $115 per hour (inc. super)
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is seeking experienced Data Warehouse/ETL/Report developers to join the team modelling and developing ETL processes for data related to the Vocational Education and Skills sectors. The primary work related to this role will be in designing and developing ETL programs and reports for Business Intelligence functions.
These activities will include:
1. Data Modelling transactional and business intelligence data assets.
2. Develop, implement and review database related infrastructure, processes and procedures.
3. Power BI and/or SQL Server Reporting Services report development.
4. Work as part of an application delivery team, delivery of project-based objectives.
The role is based at the Department of Education, Skills and Employment central office in Canberra (City).
- Data warehouse, ETL and coding language experience • At least 5+ years of hands-on ETL development using tools like SQL Server Integration Services •In-depth database management experience from design, development, delivery, validation, and ongoing maintenance. • Coding experience in programming scripting languages such as SQL, Python, R, C Sharp/C++
- Report Development experience •Experience in report development using various data visualisation tools (such as Power BI, SAS, Qlik, Tableau). • An applied understanding of UI design concepts
- Data Modeling experience • Strong knowledge of database structure systems, data analytics, data mining and data modelling techniques. • Demonstrated experience (minimum 5 years) in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Well-developed team collaboration and communication skills • Demonstrated ability to work under limited direction with competing priorities and be accountable for completion of work
- • Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team environment including liaising with diverse stakeholders • Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience in working with SQL Server 2019 Integration Services
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team environment including liaising with diverse stakeholders.