- Data Analysts
Application closing date: Wednesday 1 June 2022 at 11:59pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Fri Jul 01 2022
Location of work: All States
Length of contract: ASAP until 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: Up to 1x 12-month extensions
Security clearance: Ability to obtain baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $80 - $110 per hour (inc. super)
We are looking for experienced and curious data analysts to work in the new Data and Analytics Office (DAO).
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver data and analytics projects using Agile approaches
- Working with business to understand data requirements and issues
- Organising data into usable formats
- Assessing data quality and cleaning data.
- Delivering robust, user-focused data insights using Power BI, and other BI tools
You will join the Analytics Growth section and engage with business experts to deliver data and analytics solutions that improve decision making across the department’s diverse and interesting portfolio, which includes environment, resource management, biosecurity, trade, and other interesting fields.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to:
- Team culture – contributing to a collaborative, agile, curious analytic team
- Establishing productivity systems and processes – providing input into processes and systems (e.g. DevOps and Git) to manage work and share code
- Innovative approaches – advocate for, and pioneer, novel approaches to delivering user-focused insights.
- Analytic approaches and practice – contribute experience and preferences to effective ways of delivering analytic projects.
- Strong communication skills to engage with the business to understand data requirements and issues.
- Analysing data to find answers to business questions
- Organising and cleansing data into usable formats
- Work with ICT and Business Systems teams to define/confirm requirements.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (in business analysis, computer science, science) or comparable industry experience.
- Azure solutions for data analytics
- Azure DevOps for managing work activities
- Power BI experience
- Statistical analysis skills