- Data Modeller
Application closing date: Sunday, 21 August 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Thursday, 01 September 2022
Location of work: ACT
Length of contract: 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: 2x 12 months
Security clearance: Must have Baseline
Rates: $100 - $130 per hour (inc. super)
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) is looking for a Data Modeler/Analyst with experience in exploring datasets and designing Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) and Extract, Load, Transform (ELT) processes across several data and analytics platforms.
The successful candidate/s will:
Be responsible for analysis and design activities across several data movement and transformation processes within DAFF. These data movement and transformation processes are in the process of being uplifted to Microsoft Azure and the successful candidate will require experience with the following techniques and technology:
1. Dimensional Data Modelling
2. Data Warehouse/Lakehouse architectures
3. MS Azure Stack
a. Data Integration
i. Data Factory
ii. SQL Server Integration Services
b. Data Storage
i. SQL Server
ii. Synapse Analytics
iii. Blob/File Storage
iv. Cosmos DB
c. Data Cataloguing
4. Development Tools – DevOps
5. Desirable – Experience with legacy data technology solutions – sourcing (Oracle, Ingres, SQL Server, Wintel Server Network file shares), collecting, ingesting and storing.
- Experience designing ETL/ELT processes for data movement and transformation.
- Experience exploring and analyzing structured and non-structured data for ingestion into data transformation processes.
- Azure Cloud technology experience working with Engineering, Storage and Analytics services.
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams using an Agile methodology.
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code delivery (Terraform).
- Experience work with Data Lake.