- Change Management and Communications Specialist
Application closing date: Thursday, 21 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Tue May 03 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: ASAP to 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: Possible extension option of up to 12 months
Security clearance: Must have current baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $120 - $150 per hour (inc. super)
The AEC is seeking to engage a suitably qualified candidate in a Change Management and Communications Specialist role, to support the the Transformation Strategy and Change Team.
Purpose of the role
We have an opportunity available for a Change Management and Communications Specialist who is highly driven, an excellent communicator and has experience working closely with a range of stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
The Change Management and Communications Specialist will require effective stakeholder relationship skills to implement and drive change activities and communications to support the delivery of the Indigo Program.
The Change Manager will work with the Change Lead and Director Product Management and Transition to deliver a robust and strategically align change plans and actions to support the each of the phases of the Modernisation Program.
The primary focus of the role will be providing relevant strategic and operational assistance to the Change Lead in supporting the achievement of key milestones for the Program.
The role will have a responsibility to engage and communicate widely across the business, meaning strong stakeholder engagement and management skills are essential.
Success for this role will rely on the individual’s ability to deliver in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment, be a good cultural fit and an ability to challenge and drive thinking in new directions.
Key position responsibilities
• Design, develop and implement large scale change activities with experience as a change manager, capable of working across both the strategic and operational levels
• Analyse complex information and contexts, provide strategic advice and offer change solutions and support to a range of stakeholders
• Design, develop and implement change and enablement approaches to drive the successful adoption of new technologies to support business change and transformation
• Develop, implement and evaluate change strategies and change-focused communication strategies and plans
• Develop and maintain key internal and external relationships, including liaising with stakeholders on policy, project or operational issues and responding to stakeholder needs and expectations.
• 3+ years working in senior Change Management roles within technical and/or business transformation programmes
• Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team to deliver on key programme milestones.
• Strong communication, liaison, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and ability to present complex information clearly and confidently.
• Relevant qualifications and / or industry certification.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing and delivering effective and successful communications campaigns, and engagement programs.
Please note the following regarding Flexible Working arrangements -
It is the AEC's preference for the successful candidate to work from our National Office (Mort Street Canberra, City).
- In 500 words or less please summarise your skills and experiences reflecting that of the Essential and Desirable criteria above. Applicants who do not provide this will not be submitted.