- Service Operations Coordinators
Application closing date: Friday, 29 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Mon Jun 06 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: 2 x 12 months – Subject to being found suitable in the mandatory OSA
Security clearance: Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $100 - $115 per hour (inc. super)
The Australian Cyber Security Centre's (ACSC) Cyber Enhanced Situational Awareness and Response (CESAR) program, aims to undertake a range of activities to make Australia the safest country in the world to connect and conduct business on-line including:
o Disrupt cyber crime
o Persistent visibility of Critical Infrastructure IT network security
o Cyber Threat Intelligence
o Improved engagement across government, industry and community
o Improved cyber situational awareness
A Service Operations Coordinator is required to work within the Australian Signals Directorate’s Cyber Security Centre to work to the Service Delivery Manager and Project Management team to ensure that all customer requests are assigned, managed and monitored for an effective outcome. This role requires the right individual to have proven experience in a dynamic Service Delivery environment, whilst developing their own Service Management experience.
Working within a portfolio framework indicative duties include, but are not limited to:
o Under guidance from the Service Delivery Manager, ensure the effective end user support and sustainment of Service Operations.
o Under guidance from the Service Delivery Manager, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
o Contribute to the design and ensuring that all plans/polices are in place for all agreed services.
o Develop and improve service processes and procedures and ensure these are communicated to all stakeholders and followed for the sustainment of services provided.
o Support the delivery of the internal systems and services by providing ongoing support, training and service improvement practices.
o Ensure all processes comply within internal ACSC security and technology standards.
o Assist with maintaining a Service Catalogue and associated OLAs and SLAs where required.
Key knowledge or experience required include:
o Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation or SIAM Foundation certification
o experience in an IT service operations role working with Service Desk, Incident, Change and Request Fulfilment
o Experience working in internal teams and/or external Service Providers servicing user populations of over 500
o experience in a defining, analysing and reporting on SLAs and service KPIs
There is an expectation that successful candidates will work 5 days per week (estimated 40 hour week). On boarding is in Canberra, noting there may be a requirement for short term occasional travel within Australia.
ACSC is committed to remaining an exemplar in our response to COVID-19. We have a flexible workforce and have aligned our work environment to meet restrictions implemented by the ACT Government arrangements. Current engagements at ACSC are dependent upon ensuring compliance with these restrictions and meeting our specific business needs. For instances whereby a program of work is unable to be delivered virtually during lockdown, then a mutually agreed delayed commencement will be considered.
Note: An Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) is a mandatory requirement for contracted staff working in ASD beyond 12 months. Before submitting an application for this position, the applicant must have considered their preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record.
OSA’s are conducted to determine suitability to work in a high security environment. All employees must obtain and maintain the required security clearance to work in ASD.
If you are currently employed in the Australian Intelligence Community or the ADF, you will be provided with feedback on your OSA if the outcome has an adverse bearing on your current employment. No feedback will be provided on the outcome of the psychological assessment process to any other applicant
- Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation or SIAM Foundation certification
- Able to demonstrate experience in an IT service operations role including: • working in an ITIL or SIAM Service Operations role such as Service Desk, Incident, Change and Request Fulfilment • in ICT operations delivered by internal teams and/or external Service Providers and Vendors to user populations of over 500 • experience in a defining SLAs and service KPIs • experience in SLA and KPI analysis and reporting • identifying inefficient process and coordinating improvement initiatives
- Able to demonstrate service operation and communication skills including: • manage and engage with stakeholders • ability to multi task and prioritise workflow • works well in a team environment • able to write clearly and prepare service operation documents and reports for both internal and external stakeholders • problem solving skills • able to drive actions to maintain or improve service levels • Collaborative and collegiate style
- Demonstrated experience working in an Organisation using Dev Ops or SAFE agile.
- Experience in Service Transition and Service Design.