- Data Visualisation Developers
Application closing date: Wednesday, 01 June 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Fri Jul 01 2022
Location of work: Victoria
Length of contract: To 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: Up to 1x 12-month extension
Security clearance: Ability to obtain baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $80 - $120 per hour (inc. super)
We are looking for an experienced and high performing Power BI developers to work in the new Data and Analytics Office (DAO).
You will join the Analytics Growth section and engage with business experts to deliver data and analytics solutions that improve decision making across the department’s diverse and interesting portfolio, which includes environment, resource management, biosecurity, trade, and other interesting fields.
The Power BI developer will provide services under high level direction including:
a) developing analytical products to meet specified business requirements
b) have strong organisational skills, ability to manage competing priorities and business analysis experience
c) data cleansing using a range of techniques
d) developing interactive and easy to use data visualization products for internal and external stakeholders
e) manage and report on project deliverables =
f) Document all aspects of development as part of development activities (e.g. technical documentation, workflows and business diagrams)
- Proven industry experience in developing and delivering data visualization products and reports (representing complex analytics/insights) to meet specified business requirements using Power BI
- Strong organisational, time management, and business analysis skills.
- Proven skills in curating datasets from a range of systems to develop Power BI models
- Produce and provide a range of documentation that will be specific to business and delivery including technical documents, workflows, diagrams, project scoping, business requirements, testing material, and other artifacts.
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, with proven experience in working across different teams and individually, and with wide ranging stakeholders/clients
- Ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Awareness of usability and accessibility standards
- Have UX/UI design background
- Have a background in waste or other environmental data