- Test Lead
Application closing date: Thursday, 21 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Tue May 03 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: ASAP to 30 June 2023
Contract extensions: Possible extension option of up to 12 months
Security clearance: Ability to obtain negative vetting level 1 clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $80 - $110 per hour (inc. super)
The AEC is seeking to engage a Test Lead to support the Modernisation Program Delivery team.
The Modernisation Program Delivery section sits within the Organisational Transformation Division of the AEC and within the Modernisation Delivery Assurance Branch. The Division as a whole is responsible for developing innovative and achievable transformation options for consideration by the Executive Leadership Team.
The Branch has a diverse range of skillsets and will be delivering a modernisation agenda that will see the AEC transition away from monolithic legacy systems onto contemporary platforms.
The Indigo Program is a once in a generation program to support the delivery of election and roll management services with modern technology and is built on delivering capability maturity improvements with a focus on users. Fundamental to the Indigo Program is supporting the agency-wide cultural shift to a client-focussed culture.
As part of the Indigo Program, the AEC seeks to modernise its approach in the management of its Temporary Election Workforce (TEW). The project will uplift the TEW component of the Human Resource Capability allowing national, state, and divisional offices to achieve higher productivity and process efficiency.
The Test Lead will be hands on with writing and executing Test Cases, writing the Test Plan and Strategy, and Test reporting. The Test Lead will be expected to hit the ground running and will use their expertise and attention to detail to help the project achieve a robust and comprehensive testing regime.
Success for this role will rely on the individual’s ability to deliver in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment, be a good cultural fit and an ability to challenge and drive thinking in new directions.
Key position responsibilities:
• Develop Test documentation including Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, Defect Reports, Test Summary Reports.
• Provide guidance and leadership to the Applications Tester undertaking testing activities and transferring knowledge and skills to these team members.
• Assist in managing the test environment.
• Design and execute manual and automated, regression, functional and non-functional test cases.
• Setup and maintain test tools including test suites and test cases for system, integration, interface, functional and end to end testing.
• Manage the resolution of any defects that are raised and escalate significant quality concerns to the TEW Program Manager.
• Record and clearly communicate testing progress and results with key stakeholders.
• Coordinate and support UAT.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of test quality by undertaking reviews and making recommendations.
• Provide analysis on complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation, and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
• May be required to supervise a team to ensure high quality outputs, including the development of team members at lower classifications, building team capacity, and encouraging career development.
• Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting it’s interests in various forums.
• Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance and reporting on team functional responsibilities.
• Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
• Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and responsibilities.
• Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a Test Lead or Senior Test Analyst Role with proven experience in a leadership/management.
• Demonstrated experience with Agile Testing Methodologies (Unit, Integration, Systems, Acceptance, Usability) & documentation (test designs, test cases and test execute).
• Ability in writing and development of complex Test plans, Test strategies and Test cases covering multiple source systems and/or business processes.
• Proven ability utilising tools such as TFS / DevOps for test planning, execution, and defect management in an integrated environment.
• Demonstrated experience using Automation test tools.
• Working knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
• Experience in creating Test Summary Reports and Test Dashboards.
• Proven experience in end-to-end application testing, performance, user acceptance and non-functional testing. Also API testing.
• Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time and on budget.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
• Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff while developing capabilities, encouraging career development, and promoting professionalism.
• Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or Computer Science (or other relevant discipline).
• Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly gain knowledge of Australian electoral law and practice.
• Australian Citizenship with a willingness to undergo security vetting at the Negative Vetting NV1 level.
• Experience in Cloud-based technologies.
• Exposure to Microsoft Azure Dev Ops.
- In 500 words or less please summarise your skills and experiences reflecting that of the Essential and Desirable criteria above. Applicants who do not provide this will not be submitted.