- Enterprise Architects
Application closing date: Tuesday, 26 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Fri Jul 01 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: 2 x 12 months
Security clearance: Must have current baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $130 - $160 per hour (inc. super)
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER) strives to encourage the sustainable growth of Australian industries including the delivery of a national innovation system to drive knowledge creation, international competitiveness and greater productivity. Our staff are committed to developing policies and delivering programs, in partnership with stakeholders, to provide lasting economic benefits based on principles of social justice and equity for all Australians.
The Department is an early adopter of cloud technologies, with a significant number of our key applications implemented in the cloud, particularly using Microsoft Azure and O365 cloud services. We also have active legacy system de-commissioning and migrate to cloud programs in place.
Enterprise Architects will drive common approaches and deliver an architecture that supports business needs for the Department and the whole of government strategic direction. They will work with relevant program solution architects to help them understand the program requirements and vision and provide liaison with the Department’s architectural and delivery stakeholders. Enterprise Architects will also be required to provide input to the Department’s ICT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture.
The successful vendor will need to provide evidence of:
• Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in enterprise architecture
• Proven experience in working and leading solution, data, infrastructure and application architects to help them define, design and document ICT solutions that are consistent with the future-state architecture, identifying opportunities for sharing and re-use of data, processes and technology assets across the Program and Department
• Experience in identifying and scoping needs and opportunities for common platforms and services across the enterprise
• Familiarity with cloud architecture and approaches, particularly Microsoft offerings
• Ability to undertake appropriate reviews and approval processes required to achieve acceptance and approval of future state architecture and other required decisions
• Experience in understanding the current landscape and communicating the future-state architectures to relevant stakeholders, ensuring that key decisions are recorded with adequate traceability, and that relevant stakeholders have appropriate input into the development of the architecture
• Excellent skills in: communication; judgement; research and analysis; stakeholder engagement; problem solving; planning; and time management
• Proven experience in developing cost models and provision of advice on cost management
• Architecting and consuming whole-of-government capabilities as part of enterprise solutions, including cross-agency collaboration and negotiation
• Application of whole of government policies such as the DTAs Digital Service Standard and the Australian Signal Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM)
• Knowledge of authentication frameworks, patterns, roadmaps
• Experience in Digital Transformation
• Experience with Enterprise Architecture tools and methodologies
Please note: Remote working arrangements may be considered on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the supervising manager, subject to business needs.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding business requirements and documenting design for complex enterprise level solution
- Experience with Cloud and Data Solutions architecture and approaches, particularly Microsoft offerings
- Ability to build productive relationships and work with stakeholders including enterprise architecture groups, cyber security teams to secure design approval
- Demonstrated experience applying information security concepts and best practices including Information Security Manual (ISM)
- Relevant industry training or certifications on related methodologies, such as Enterprise Architecture Methodologies (e.g. TOGAF )
- Experience using Data, DevOps, CI/CD, Integration solutions, Geospatial/Large Data processing and API/Services Oriented Architecture.
- Ability to work with limited guidance in an agile environment