- Front End Developer
Application closing date: Monday, 04 July 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Monday, 18 July 2022
Location of work: QLD, Remote, WFH
Length of contract: 12 Months
Contract extensions: 2 x 12 Months
Security clearance: Applicants must have ability to obtain Baseline Security Clearance (Australian Citizenship required)
Rates: $100 - $140 per hour (inc. super)
An exciting opportunity is available to become a Front-End Developer within the Cognitive Futures team to help influence the continual improvement and evolution of IP Australia’s tools and transactional website. This role will work within multi-discipline delivery teams, following agile principles to develop and support new and existing IT systems to support business.
You will play an important role in assisting with the delivery and implementation of numerous innovative tools for both internal and external use. You will also contribute to the integration team, which is responsible for the transactional channels and integration platform, including the transactional website. Under the direction of the Delivery Manager, Product Owner and Technical Lead, your tasks will include:
- Designing, building, maintaining, and testing of web applications across the full development stack, using technologies and practices, including Vue.js.
- Influencing the front-end web development practices and architecture at IP Australia.
- Mentoring and supporting team members in modern web development techniques.
- Assisting with the configuration and deployment of multiple front-end products.
- Maintaining a focus on developing high quality unit and integration tests covering implemented code.
- Assisting with the assessment of new technology and how they can be effectively introduced to the enterprise.
- Planning, documenting, and managing deliverables assigned to you for completion.
- Working with the delivery manager to support our agile delivery approach.
- Be part of a progressive and modern delivery team responsible for transforming IP Australia’s digital services and delivering innovative customer-centric solutions.
Applicants are also expected to be proactive and motivated to share their knowledge within other technical areas at IP Australia (if relevant to their role).
- Demonstrated experience in backend and API development (preferably Python).
- Experience delivering cloud native solutions using any of the following technologies: • AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker.
- Experience working in an agile and/or DevOps environment including experience/knowledge of: • CI/CD Pipelines, Infrastructure as Code, Micro Services, Automated Testing, Agile Methodologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to support and maintain a culture where team members work closely to deliver quality outcomes.