- IT Support System Administrator Specialist
Application closing date: Thursday, 11 August 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Thursday, 11 August 2022
Location of work: ACT
Length of contract: 12 months
Security clearance: Must have Negative Vetting Level 1
Rates: $60 - $80 per hour (inc. super)
The Gemini Program is an on-boarding, training and work program to uplift analyst capability across the spectrum of ASD missions. It underpins ASD's capacity to meet significant growth over the next decade.
Gemini Program delivers a comprehensive 6 month full-time entry-level training program for new analysts, both graduates and direct entrants and upskilling opportunity for existing staff. The Program provides an enterprise solution to reduce the training burden on mission areas at a time of high expected growth, and ensures analysts across the organisation are provided with a baseline of intelligence and cyber security analytical training.
The Gemini Program requires technical specialists to deliver and sustain core technical capability to support the Gemini Program. This includes AWS capability for a complex analytical environment, corporate servers, networks and hardware for use by the Gemini Program staff and recruits, and operational infrastructure and technical lab for Gemini Program missions.
2. Key Deliverables and Acceptance
IT Support for the day-to-day installation, setup, and on-going maintenance and support of IT Systems, products, and related documentation for the Gemini program as directed by ASD
1. Design and deployment of IT hardware, software and services as required.
2. Account provision and general IT product support.
3. Provide ad hoc technical advice and troubleshooting for end users
4. Contribute to essential 8 compliance and security certification/accreditation related activities
5. Systems documentation
6. System Administration
7. Communications Room/Desk Patching.
8. Printer management.
9. Laptop management (Imaging, patching, managing asset loan registers, help with other laptop issues)
Required skillsets include:
1. IT experience (software, hardware, network infrastructure)
2. Ability to design and maintain IT system solutions
3. Ability to provide day-to-day support to technical and end users
4. Network administration (Switches and firewalls)
5. Network Security skills
6. Linux and Windows OS and server administration skills
7. System administration
8. Laptop Management (WDS and imaging skills)
9. Good understanding of the ISM and ACSC’s “Strategies to Mitigate Cyber Security Incidents”
Ensure your resume/CV is updated to reflect the skills and experiences that are required in the job description