- Middleware Developer
Application closing date: Sunday, 22 May 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Mon Jun 20 2022
Location of work: New South Wales
Length of contract: 6 months
Contract extensions: 6 months
Security clearance: All personnel engaged to work at ASIC premises, must be an Australian Citizen and will be required to complete ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment (ASB). This is unique to ASIC for the purposes of working in a regulatory organisation and is not to be confused with a Government security clearance.
Rates: $90 - $110 per hour (inc. super)
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) seeks a suitably qualified Middleware Developer to assist the Applications and Integration Team with various projects.
As a Middleware Developer, you will be required to:
- Develop solutions cases based on functional requirements and build technical design documents to deliver planned scope for the releases. (Utilising SOA relevant technology).
- Support audit/regulatory processes and procedures and remediate issues swiftly.
- Preparation of application design, development and support of SOA and related applications. Development comprises of configuration, data migration, and integration activities.
- Provide Level 2 & 3 support which also includes addressing data issues and producing ad-hoc reports from the database layer as needed.
- Resolve P1 & P2 production issues in a timely manner by working with both business and incident management teams.
As a valued member of the team, you will also:
- Undertake additional responsibilities or tasks as required
- Work professionally, positively and cooperatively as part of ASIC, and model the values of Accountability, Professionalism and Teamwork
- Undertake reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others in the workplace that may be affected by your actions.
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in information technology from a recognised educational/accredited institution is desirable and/ or equivalent substantial relevant work experience (current or previous).
- Accreditation, certification and/or professional membership with a relevant industry association is desirable.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) knowledge is desirable.
- Substantial industry related experience in financial services / a regulatory environment / corporation / government policy, or in corporate and commercial law.
- Significant experience (3-8 years) in Application design and development of Middleware related technologies
- Excellent experience with XML, WSDL (Web Service Description Language), and SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol);
- Excellent working knowledge of mainstream messaging systems in particular Java Message Service (JMS);
- Working knowledge of WebLogic Server 10.3.x platform.
- Knowledge of current ESB technologies and excellent knowledge of one or more mainstream ESB implementations.
- Hands on experience with Oracle’s Fusion Middleware including Oracle Service Bus (OSB) and Oracle SOA Suite;
- Working knowledge of mainstream RDBMS in particular, Oracle DBMS;
- BPEL (Business Process Execution Language), BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) and business orchestration knowledge will be highly regarded.
- Proven track record of development and support activities.
- Experience in effectively presenting complex information to different target audiences through strong business writing skills and verbal communication
Knowledge & Skills:
- Technical specialist knowledge in internal applications used in middleware such as SOA OSB & BEPL.
- Exposure to ASIC's Registry or Regulatory business functions is beneficial.
- Ability to up-skill any new platforms and increase knowledge through training and on the job experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for outcomes.
- Ability to work & communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Significant skill in assessing, analysing and resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries, utilising all relevant sources of information, data, applications and/or databases. Skill in assessing, analysing and resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries, utilising all relevant sources of information, media and stakeholder channels, data, reporting, systems and/or databases
Please provide a half to one page summary/cover letter detailing your ability to fulfill the role. It should include the qualifications, experience and capabilities required for the role. Your application will be reviewed based on ability to demonstrate, or potential to develop, the capabilities required. Ensure your CV is also updated to reflect this.