- Business Analyst
Application closing date: Wednesday, 20 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Mon May 30 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: Initial contract end 30 June 2023, with project funded until 2025.
Contract extensions: Position funded until June 2025. Possibility of 2 x 12 month extensions
Security clearance: Ability to obtain baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $80 - $110 per hour (inc. super)
The Polling Place Technology (PPT) project was established to develop and deploy enhanced polling place technologies to improve scalability, voter franchise, voter compliance, user experience and operational effectiveness.
The project will procure services to design, develop, and deploy the enhanced solution for ECL and the OIC Digital Returns devices at the approved number of polling place for the 2025 federal election.
The ECL and OIC Solutions will deliver the following benefits:
• more efficient voter look-up
• mark-offs updated in real time (where connectivity is available)
• increased accuracy of enrolment look-up
• improved operational efficiency and effectiveness
• improved voter experience.
The project will also trial the digitisation of OIC Returns to provide consistency, timely information exchange, improved accuracy, and increased efficiency.
The outcomes for this project include:
• increased operational efficiency of ECL deployment to polling places
• highly scalable and flexible ECL (up to 10,000 devices) and OIC Digital Returns (up to 1,300
devices) Solution for deployment to polling places
• seamless voter experience and improved staff experience at locations with ECLs and OIC
• enhanced voter franchise at polling places using ECLs at declaration issuing points
• enhanced voter compliance through increasing polling official precision
• enable proactive and centralised operations management
• improved analytics with real-time monitoring for decision making.
For the 2025 federal election, this project has the following objectives:
• engage a vendor to deliver ECL and OIC Digital Returns Solutions
• commence digitisation of OIC Returns
• deploy ECL and OIC Digital Returns applications and electoral data onto the devices.
The Business Analyst will play a pivotal role in compiling information and data for this project.
The Business Analyst will also:
• Contribute to the planning and delivery of accurate, comprehensive, timely and value-add
business analysis and research products in support of PPT project objectives,
• Work at the direction of the Lead Business Analyst and Product Owner on project and NEM
• ability to develop and conduct analysis activities in a timely manner, while managing
competing priorities and using a wide range of data,
• Lead or assist in the development of high-quality presentations of compiled analysis, through
written and other presentation methods writing as required,
• Provide accurate specialist advice, analysis, guidance and reporting on a range of topics and
• Assist in developing and managing key internal and external relationships, including
collaborating with key stakeholders to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes and facilitate
• Work with the Lead Business Analyst and Product Owner to develop and maintain a backlog of
• Document detailed business requirements clearly and precisely in the form of high level,
detailed requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria,
• Support developers and testers during Agile sprints by explaining requirements, answering
questions (or escalating to business), and triaging bugs,
• Analysis of previous documentation, understanding current state processes and work with the
business to define and document potential options for future-state,
• Develop UAT test plans and scripts, and support business users during UAT,
• Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise, and knowledge, governed
by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and
• Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
- Technical competence: • Demonstrated experience in the required duties specified • Demonstrated experience in the desirable duties specified
- Cultural Fit: • Motivated and diligent in getting tasks completed on time • Self managing and listen to desired outcomes • Honest and high integrity • Work as a team within our organization • Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Pricing: • Provides best value for money overall