- Infrastructure Administrator
Application closing date: Friday, 12 August 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Sunday, 11 September 2022
Location of work: ACT
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: 2x 12 months
Security clearance: Must have Baseline
Rates: $100 - $130 per hour (inc. super)
About the team:
The ICT Operations Branch provides ICT support and underpinning infrastructure services to the Department and the Ministers’ Offices, ensuring all staff in the Department and MOs have access to stable and secure technology. The ICT Network & Infrastructure Platform section falls within the ICT Operations Branch. The successful candidate will work in the Infrastructure Platform team.
The Infrastructure Platform Team is responsible for the management of all data centers, server hosts and virtualization technologies, along with storage systems, backup and restore capability. The team is also responsible for providing after hours on-call support.
The Infrastructure Administrator will be responsible for managing and improving the Department’s vRealize Automation, NSX, vSphere environment and physical compute infrastructures (rack mounted and blade servers) as part of the Infrastructure Platform team. The person will also be responsible for creating blueprints and workflows that aim to improve efficiency of daily operational tasks, migrating to NSX-T from NSX-V, building and patching vCenters, ESXi servers and configuring physical compute as needed.
- Demonstrated experience in few of the following technologies: • vRealize Automation 8.x • vRealize Orchestrator • VMware NSX for vSphere • VMware NSX-T • VMware vSphere • Rack Mounted and Blade Servers
- Experience / Knowledge of Kubernetes and Containerization.
- Knowledge of deploying workload to hybrid cloud environments.
- Ability to produce documentation for processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills to work with skilled technical people, including making presentations to staff and stakeholders and coaching staff.
- Experience in administering the following: • HPE OneView • HPE Interconnects • HPE DL, BL and Synergy Servers • vRealize Operations • vRealize Log Insight