- DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Application closing date: Monday, 15 August 2022 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Saturday, 01 October 2022
Location of work: ACT (Remote/Work from home conditions)
Length of contract: 12 Months
Contract extensions: 2x 12 months
Security clearance: Must have Baseline
Rates: $100 - $130 per hour (inc. super)
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry is seeking multiple Azure Dev-ops Engineer services to undertake, but not limited to, the following summary of work across a range of activities:
The successful candidate/s will undertake, but not limited to the following summary of work across a range of activities:
• Contribute to and review solution designs
• Support the creation of pipelines within Azure DevOps and resource deployment and configuration in the Department's Azure Subscriptions
• Support projects on Azure VWANing implementations and trouble shooting
• Develop code via a process of continuous engagement. (Agile)
• Develop automation processes within Azure.
The essential criteria for this role are:
• Demonstrated Experience with development of Infrastructure as code (PowerShell/Terraform/Other) and the use of Git and Git repositories for code management
• Networking background – strong working knowledge of Cloud based and on-premises networking services, including Azure VWANing, Directory Services, Windows Server Administration, Azure resource deployment and configuration
• Understanding of the Federal Gov IT security environment (ACSC Essential 8, etc.)
• Ability to effectively work as part of a product or multi-disciplinary team.
Desirable criteria include:
• Azure Networking and Terraform experience.
• Good engagement skills.
- Azure Networking and Terraform experience
- General Azure knowledge
- Solution Design Experience
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft DevOps or similar tools