- Software Testers
Application closing date: Friday, 22 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Fri Jul 01 2022
Location of work: All States
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: Up to 2 x 12 months
Security clearance: Must have current baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $70 - $100 per hour (inc. super)
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER) strives to encourage the sustainable growth of Australian industries including the delivery of a national innovation system to drive knowledge creation, international competitiveness and greater productivity. Our staff are committed to developing policies and delivering programs, in partnership with stakeholders, to provide lasting economic benefits based on principles of social justice and equity for all Australians.
The CIO Group provides a range of enabling services and operations delivery to the department and to Australian businesses and are seeking experienced and motivated application and system testers to work on various ICT Projects across the Division.
Testers will be required to:
• Create and oversee test plans and strategies including test plans using Azure DevOps
• Write, review and execute test cases on web-based applications
• Effectively prioritise testing efforts, and test case execution
• Work within multi-disciplinary project teams to analyse documented specifications, user stories and requirements to generate test cases and test plans
• Raise defects / issues and log and track faults using Departmental tools including Azure DevOps
• Testing digital solutions for conformance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
• Lead and engage with Business Stakeholders throughout the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Process
• Be a contributing member of a multidisciplinary team using agile and traditional delivery methods
• Undertake other duties as required
Please note: Remote working arrangements may be considered on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the supervising manager, subject to business needs. Please indicate clearly in your response the candidates desired work location if outside ACT/Canberra.
- Well-developed software testing skills and demonstrated experience in application/system tester roles
- Expertise in developing test artefacts, including writing, reviewing and executing complex test plans and cases and developing test strategies
- Ability to collaborate and work productively within a cross functional team of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Application developers, Web Developers and Subject Matter Experts
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile, environment with geographically dispersed teams
- A thorough knowledge or understanding in testing digital solutions for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) conformance. Current accessibility training is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience developing test plans/cases for custom applications, including the Azure and Microsoft suite of products and services
- Experience tracking and managing test plans and test case through Azure DevOps
- Experience guiding User Acceptance Testing activities
- Experience or skills in automated testing