- Senior Business Analyst
Application closing date: Tuesday, 31 May 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Fri Jul 01 2022
Location of work: South Australia
Length of contract: 1/07/2022 to 30/06/2023
Contract extensions: further period(s) up to 24 month
Security clearance: Personnel must hold or be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance
Rates: $90 - $120 per hour (inc. super)
Digital Programmes Division Telecommunications Services Modernisation Branch Telecommunications Services Programme Work context:
Services Australia makes government services simple so people can get on with their lives. Our goal is to make it easier to engage with the services that Australians rely on. To achieve this goal, we are transforming the way we work to deliver a simple, helpful, respectful and transparent experience for customers. The Telecommunications Services Programme (the Programme) will define, procure and implement the next generation of telecommunications services for Services Australia and partner agencies in the Social Services Portfolio. The Programme will replace core telecommunications capabilities with modern technology and ensure service continuity for core platforms. It will also underpin the future state set out in the Agency’s digital strategy and Master Plan by 2025. This includes replacing existing data network capabilities, unified communications, customer contact management and other telephony services. To ensure we are successful, the Programme is seeking a strong, experienced Business / Technical Analysts to bring together requirements of the Programme to transition from existing to new arrangements.
The branch requires experienced analysts to join the Programme to help us transform telecommunications services for the Agency. You’ll be part of a broader team that believes in the power of inclusion, diversity of ideas and collaboration to solve challenging problems. The Senior Business Analyst works under the guidance of a Product Lead, assisting in the development of requirements, product roadmaps and breakdown structures, and evidence based proposals and advice. Use of modern data analysis and presentation tools, including Power BI or similar, will be a significant advantage. Analysts may be required to work across multiple projects to assist with resource levelling across the programme.
The Senior Business Analysts Key/Tasks Duties:
• Proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert, and provide assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues.
• Proactively share subject matter expert technical advice, support, and recommendations on the implementation of telecommunication services in a complex environment.
• Provide technical expertise and mentorship.
• Undertake market research.
• Collaborate to develop detailed statements of requirements.
• Participate in design, build and evaluation processes.
• Build strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Oversee and prepare a range of technical documentation, reports, and templates.
• Negotiate, engage and manage relationships with other agencies and multiple service providers to support the seamless delivery of programme outcomes.
• Establish and manage data management processes including quality control.
• Identify and manage issues and risks.
• Key skills/ knowledge to undertake the role:
• High level specialist technical knowledge at least one of the key areas identified in the job description. (SFIA level 4 – Specialist advice [TECH])
• Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, power BI, SharePoint, JIRA and/or other related tool sets. (SFIA level 4 – Methods and tools [METL]).
• Requirements definition and management (SFIA level 5 [REQM]).
• Business analysis (SFIA level 5) and business situation analysis (SFIA level 4 [BUSA]).
• Clearly demonstrated ability to undertake research, analyse and problem solve.
• Ability to communicate confidently and for a wide audience, to think laterally, generate new ideas and be proactive.
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
The following skills are also highly desirable:
• Business process improvement (SFIA level 5 [BPRE]).
• User experience analysis (SFIA level 3 [UNAN]).
• Data modelling and design (SFIA level 2 [DTAN]).
- Previous experience analysis work.
- Excellence in usage of Microsoft Offcie suite.
- Demonstrated high level experience in at least one (preferably more) of the following areas:
- telecommunications services
- data carriage
- unified communications
- implementation and rollout of major ICT programmes
- cyber security, including gateway controls, denial of service management and perimeter security
- mobile telephony
- satellite data and / or telephony
- data analysis and migration
- systems integration
- Demonstrated experience in requirements definition and management.
- Demonstrated excellence in Business Analysis, including process development, stakeholder engagement and requirments gathering.
- Excellence in oral and written communication, demonstrating the ability to communicate confidently and for a wide audience (including technical, business and executive audiences).