- Senior .NET Developers
Application closing date: Tuesday, 26 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Fri Jul 01 2022
Location of work: All States
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: Up to 2 x 12 months
Security clearance: Must have current baseline clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $100 - $130 per hour (inc. super)
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER) strives to encourage the sustainable growth of Australian industries including the delivery of a national innovation system to drive knowledge creation, international competitiveness and greater productivity.
The CIO Group provides a range of enabling services and operations delivery to the department and to Australian businesses and are seeking experienced and motivated .Net developers with a minimum of 5 years experience to assist with the delivery of various ICT Projects across the Division.
.Net Developers will be required to:
• Contribute to the development of an Azure based web API and Portal applications to support existing legislative reporting requirements, and new regulatory processes.
• Be able to integrate various system components to achieve a seamless end to end experience for users
• Providing technical advice on issues related to systems development.
• Apply secure coding practices/processes to ensure the solution delivered through the project is secure and robust
• Conduct peer reviews of code and infrastructure
• Work with the delivery manager to support our agile delivery approach
• Collaborate and mentor team members to promote team harmony and support cross-skilling professional development
• Instill a culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a team environment
• Become part of the DISER developer Community to share project work concepts and learnings.
• Undertake additional duties as required.
Please note: Remote working arrangements may be considered on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the supervising manager, subject to business needs. Please indicate clearly in your response the candidates desired work location if outside ACT/Canberra.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrated experience (Min 5 years) implementing secure web based business solutions. • experience developing web APIs using Azure API Manager and customer facing web portal development using .NET Framework (including .NET Core) and ASP.NET • Experience developing web applications using either Angular or React
- Technical Skills: Demonstrated experience (Min 5 years) implementing secure web based business solutions. • Familiarity with the Internet Security Manual (ISM), it’s controls and how to apply them to a solution design and build • Experience with unit/integration/automation testing. Familiarity with xUnit, nUnit, Selenium, Playwright.Net.
- Cloud experience: Demonstrated experience in cloud-based solution implementation with technologies such as: • Azure Logic Apps, Azure SQL and Azure Service Bus and Azure API Manager • Azure DevOps and Visual Studio for code development, management, repositories, and deployments (CI/CD)
- Cloud experience: Demonstrated experience in cloud-based solution implementation with technologies such as: • integrating custom built apps with third-party systems, including Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM • Extensive experience developing on Azure platforms • Demonstrated experience in successfully optimising complex legacy code to fully utilise benefits of Azure Cloud environment
- Agile: • Experience working with Agile Multi-disciplinary teams to deliver secure, user friendly and reliable solutions that meet stakeholder, citizen, and business expectations. • Ability to pragmatically change direction and scope as new information is discovered and challenges or opportunities present themselves
- Cultural fit: • Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams • Ability to work with technical and non-technical staff at all levels. • Ability to collaborate and mentor team members to promote team harmony
- Experience in development using Agile and DevOps delivery models
- Experience developing web applications using either Angular or React
- Integration/UI/FrontEnd testing: Selenium, Playwright.Net, Jest
- Tertiary qualifications in software design and development
- Experience working with SQL servers, Cosmos DB, Blob storage and high volume data traffic/processing