- SOE Engineer / Apps Packager
Application closing date: Sunday, 24 April 2022, 06:00 pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: Fri Jul 01 2022
Location of work: All States
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: 2 x up to 12 months options to extend
Security clearance: Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance (Must be Australian Citizen)
Rates: $110 - $130 per hour (inc. super)
The Department of Agriculture, Water, and the Environment has the requirement for SOE Engineer / Apps Packagers to work on desktop modernisation and business as usual (BAU).
This role does not require the candidate to be located in ACT. We are accepting application from any Capital City (including Cairns) and for the right candidate, will consider remote working options.
A successful applicant will be required to deliver and contribute to:
• The Device and Desktop Program which is maintaining a Windows 10 Standard Operating Environment (SOE) and associated desktop applications to the Department’s staff at a variety of metropolitan, regional and remote sites across Australia and the Pacific
• Assist with the documentation, configuration, and updated builds of a Windows 11 SOE with a focus on Intune MDM App Deployment, App-V and Application Packaging activities
• Perform SCCM Windows Desktop OS deployment, automate build process; and
• Provide level three escalation support.
Required Skill Sets:
• Strong experience with Intune App deployment and management
• Intune Autopilot experience is an advantage
• Extensive experience in application packaging, virtualising applications using App-V
• Experience in whitelisting technologies like AppLocker and AppSense
• Experience in VB and PowerShell Scripting
• Strong technical writing skills
• Experience deploying applications and OS deployment task sequences using SCCM
• Understanding of technical release and incident management; and
• Working understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy from a SOE perspective.
- Experience in Apps packaging and deployment for a modern Windows platform
- Expert knowledge of Windows 10 SOE, application packaging, SCCM, Group Policy, Active Directory, Office365, and Intune
- Prioritise new support requests and existing work orders, provide timely and effective technical support as required
- Experience in application portfolio management and evaluating requests for new software and architecture documentation
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials such as knowledge base articles and technical instructional documents
- Record and maintain accurate service details, time records and job notes
- Document any solutions as required and notify relevant personnel
- Excellent customer service skills